Famous actor and comedian Steve Martin said, “I love money. I love everything about it.” Human beings are, with few exceptions, fascinated by money, its acquisition, the look and feel of it, and even the loss of it.
Kabir Sehgal is former vice president, JP Morgan Chase, an investment banker, and financial executive, in addition to being a former navy officer, composer, and well-known author. In his latest book Coined: The Rich Life of Money and How Its History Has Shaped Us, Sehgal explores the history of money and how it affects human beings.
An interest in the culture of money came about after Sehgal witnessed the aftershock of the financial market crash of 2008, where he saw how quickly money markets can fail, and the damage this can wreak on individuals.
In this unique course, Sehgal shares his thoughts on money, its origins and development, it’s place in history, it’s relationship to debt, how money is linked to survival, how it works as a brain stimulant, the modern currency, and where we are likely to go from here.
Who Should Attend
- Financial Experts
This self-paced e-learning course is based on an interview with Kabir Sehgal, award-winning author, Grammy-winning music producer, and former vice president at JP Morgan Chase.
- The relationship of mind, body, and soul with money
- Money, evolution, and the anthropology of debt
- Why we adorn our money, the historical relationship of money to religion, and the relationship of collective wisdom to money
- Effect of money on the brain, neuroeconomics and its relationship to money
- Transition from coins to paper money, the modern currency and its standards, and the future of money
- Money’s relation to human values, and how money works as a stimulant
- Evolution Of Money
- Origin Of Money
- History Of Money Design
- Coin To Paper Money
- Money And Survival
- Money And Humankind
- Mind, Body, And Soul
- Money Is Alive
- Money Is A Stimulant
- Money And Human Values
- Collective Wisdom
- Measuring Debt
- The Future
- Modern Currency Standards
- Neuroeconomics Of Money
- Future Of Money
- Duration28 min
- CompetenciesUnderstanding moneyFinancial decision makingDefine currency standards
- PackagePro Yearly
Kabir Sehgal Former VP - JP Morgan